Thursday, October 17, 2013

Time often stops in the land of the Maghreb

I remember it well: Excerpt from “The Scattered Tribe.”
 
“Time often stops in the land of the Maghreb. It certainly halted for me that summer day in 1964 in Algiers, my first encounter with the Jews of North Africa in their native lands…
 
“Algeria, sandwiched between Morocco and Tunisia, known (and often feared) as the Barbary Coast, was the first Arab country I had ever set food in. …”
 
Excerpt from the  chapter: “Time stops for me in the Maghreb,”  in “The Scattered Tribe: Traveling the Diaspora from Cuba to India to Tahiti & Beyond,” (Globe Pequot Press) .http://amzn.to/J3Z47T
Check out my blog at www.bengfrank.blogspot.com “I Travel the World.” Follow me on twitter @bengfrank :  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment