Saturday, December 8, 2012


In my last book talk, I mentioned that  time stopped for me in the lands of the Maghreb… I was caught in a snow storm in the Atlas Mountains in Morocco where I was researching, “The  “Scattered Tribe: Traveling the Diaspora from Cuba to India to Tahiti & Beyond.” (Globe Pequot Press)  I then proceeded to tell the audience how we got out of the eye of the storm.  But I made the point that even though this storm was real,  in summer or winter, Morocco can play havoc with your imagination; a mirage can appear in front of you as it often does before a camel driver. Several so-called mirages occurred before this traveler  throughout my journey and they can be explored by  picking up “The Scattered Tribe.” Makes a great Chanukah gift. Amazon http://www.amazon.com/The-Scattered-Tribe-Traveling-Diaspora/dp/0762770333/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337002629&sr=8-1  http://amzn.to/J3Z47T  Follow me on twitter @bengfrank  Check out my blog at www.bengfrank.blogspot.com “I Travel the World.”

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment