Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Ah, Odessa."


Ah, Odessa, the home of my grandparents, where my mother lived as a young girl. Anyone who has ever visited Odessa never forgets the Odessa Steps, the statue of Duc de Richelieu, the arteries that feed the heart of this port city; frantic Deribasovskaya street; majestic and sleepy Pushkin st. Walk along Nikolaevsky and Primorsky Blvd, and you will inhale the spicy aroma of the acacias. Odessa is truly special and the home of Jewish enlightenment and a Zionist city. Here lived Chaim Nachman Bialik, Isaac Babel, Zeev Vladimir Jabotinsky. Russian Jewry stood in awe of Odessa. For more info on this city on the Black Sea, check out “The Scattered Tribe,” (Globe Pequot Press) and my blog: www.bengfrank.blogspot.com “I travel the world.”
Blog     
Follow me on twitter @bengfrank

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment